This position will coordinate in the development and implementation of the following key safety and environmental programs:
· Machine Guarding, Hoisting and Rigging, Lock Out/Tag Out, Job Hazard Analysis, Equipment Inspection, Hazard Communications, Global Harmonization System, Hot Work, Incident Reporting and Investigation, and additional safety programs as needed.
· Storm-Water Protection, Spill Prevention, Wastewater Monitoring, Air Quality, Hazardous Waste Handling
· Develop and implement various safety and environmental programs to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
· Participate in periodic reviews/audits to verify that safety and environmental programs meet or exceed the established federal/state regulations.
· Identify areas of concern and provide recommendations for corrective action to the appropriate group.
· Conduct and schedule training to meet the needs of production and comply with the applicable safety and certified production operator standards.
· Conduct accident and incident investigations as needed to reveal root and auxiliary causes. Review accident and incident investigations that are conducted by other personnel.
· Evaluate facilities pursuant to safety conditions. Advise management of any and all safety concerns. Provide recommendations and interpretation of safety requirements to resolve all safety concerns.
· Generate and submit safety and environmental reports as requested/required.
· Manage and maintain all records pertaining to OSHA and EPA.
· Develop and implement Klune’s employee suggestions program.
· Work closely with Klune’s Quality Manager in developing and maintaining the certified production operator program.
· Additional responsibilities and tasks as directed by Senior Manager.
· PROMOTE and CONTRIBUTE to a positive work environment.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
· Strong communication skills: written and verbal
· Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and various programs
· Strong analytical, fundamental arithmetic, problem solving, organizational, and critical thinking skills
· Able to walk through shop areas and in rough terrain; able to stand for extended periods of time
· Able to speak and build work relationships with various people at various levels within and external to the organization
· Will at times work in areas with temperatures and conditions equivalent to working outdoors
· Requires the ability to conduct group presentations to diverse audiences
· Team player with an excellent attitude and motivational skills
· Capable of making wise decisions
· Must adhere to and promote established procedures and policies
· Education in Safety and/or Environmental Health. Work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.